Ants on a Blog

'We cannot get out. The end comes. Drums, drums in the deep. They are coming.'

11.29.2005

Another 'Tude Moment

Some of you might remember the last story of my best student, 'Tude. She struck again, this time in fun. I sent out a mass email that informed my students of the shortly upcoming due date for their current rough draft. This was her response:

Jared,
I know you said no complaints, but this is gay!! I just had to say it. Have agood night. Seeya in class tomorrow.
'Tude


This was my response to her:

Let's both have fun.

Though it depends on what exactly is due, whether it is sexy or not, due dates are sexless, genderless. Theoretically speaking, one gender of due date doesn't "typically" have eyes for the opposite. A smaller percent doesn't have eyes for same-gendered due dates, or even dress up in the opposite's apparel and dance for money. This smaller percent doesn't have marches proclaiming their pride for their eyes for each other. To extend the stereotypes even further, this percent isn't tidier, better-dressing, or apt to get more emotional than hetero-sexy due dates.

:p

Besides, why are YOU of all my students the only one that puts up a fuss about due dates when you're too good to NEED more time: You transcend due dates. Due dates are but dust to you, mighty Swiffer. No one else even thinks about due date extensions until you pipe up. The expression "thorn in my side" comes to mind.

Tee hee

Toods, 'Tude.

Jared

2 Comments:

  • At 11:53 PM, Blogger Blue Earth Review said…

    We can also change tires like nobodies business, without the use of 2x4s.

    Can you do that 'Tude?

    I didn't think so...

    (J- I love whipping out comments like yours when they say things are 'SOOO GAY!' Love it, I say!)

     
  • At 5:08 PM, Blogger Mason said…

    It just bugs me when people say it. As a straight man, I'm offended, sure. But not just because it's insulting and derogatory. Mostly, I hate it for the ill-logic. I'm offended as a logician and a promoter of fresh language.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home