Ants on a Blog

'We cannot get out. The end comes. Drums, drums in the deep. They are coming.'

11.02.2005

Dear Shit Swamp Authors

You almost had me. You almost made me feel sorry today. I almost gave into your pressure to push back the Argumentative Synthesis Rough Draft Due Date three days. You won my heart with the request for more in-class work time. I almost believed that you cared about your papers. But then...

Then, during lecture and your whined-for in-class work time, I saw screens--screens with terrible, miscellaneous images not offered on D2L. I saw screens prompting you to "Poke Her!" and screens with live camera feeds of not only our classroom but others, and the gym with pretty girls on treadmills (this I understand), and--for some reason--feeds to the ACC and all the adventure it offers. I saw other screens that advertised cute shoes and scarves, daily "hilarious vids", and forums--so many forums and so many forum goons.

You almost had me. Each set of misting eyes and each quivering bottom lip and soft-puttered, "Pppplease?" almost took the cup. But your screens triggered to fester something in me, something that made you question, "Why're you so crabby today?" You still didn't get it when I replied, "Facebook." Some kept clicking, kept poking.

The oddest thing, O spewers of shit swamps, is that your inspirator who caused the fire in you is arguably the best among you, your champine. Yes, she's got a 'tude on her--which has even turned into a cute, fitting nickname, Tude. But you, O malicious spark, wouldn't EVER need an extension. You're too good. Then why ask? Why ask when you don't need it. You weren't even abusing in-class work time. It must be charity.

That's the kicker. The irony. Your charity almost gathered the arms, strawed my back; but the one's who would've benefited most from your fruit, the ones who'd need an extension, are the facefuckbooking ingrates that ultimately ruined it for themselves. I would have done it for you, Tude, and the heaping handful of others that would deserve an extension.

But, dear students: too fucking bad. How's that for 'tude?

I'll trust you with ownership of content and scheduling when you stop poking and start blogging.

1 Comments:

  • At 7:16 PM, Blogger Jessica said…

    Yes... I have also learned that in-class-time-please-extend-the-due-date means my-instructor-is-a-sucka.


    Enjoy the Fuller?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home