Ants on a Blog

'We cannot get out. The end comes. Drums, drums in the deep. They are coming.'

12.06.2005

Jean Brings it Out of Me

I had to--just had to--comment on Jean's latest BigShoes-related post:

Against Comment Etiquette, I prepare to rant:

I think Jean and I are are in direct and heated competition for BigShoes' Most Hated Foe status. I didn't know I was in the business of making enemies until she clomped into our room, waving Young Adult Only propaganda, blurting such gems as, "I just don't GET short stories," and telling us she prefers flat, stock, and undetailed minor characters--but only in quick-read novels under 200 pages with holograms on the cover. Apparently, claiming "personal preference" trumps all adult/grad. student responsibility for learning our craft/s.

I want to make violence on her.

Mace...out

2 Comments:

  • At 10:04 PM, Blogger Jean. said…

    Yeah, it's pretty interesting to be in a competition to see who dislikes someone more than the other person.

    But if I didn't hate big shoes, what ELSE would I do? I'd probably get bored.

    She hurts.

     
  • At 10:23 PM, Blogger Mason said…

    You're just trying to get me started again, Jean. I don't need that. Karma already gave me its Ha-Ha, what with landing her portfos. Who knows what would happen should I start in on her kitty shoes. I mean, I don't have a seven year old niece but if I did, she and Big Shoes would have those shoes in common. Fuck. There I go. Lay it on my, Ol' Friend Karma.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home