Ants on a Blog

'We cannot get out. The end comes. Drums, drums in the deep. They are coming.'

1.20.2006

So Far So Good

Here's a quote from one of my student's blogs:

"I'm not sure what to expect of the instructor anymore. I've never seen a syllabus with the word 'shit' in it before."

!

I love my syllabus. Regarding their blogs and general outside-of-class writing, I challenged them to always write their best. Here's my favorite part of the challenge:

"Furthermore, imagine how weirded out your friends would be if you composed articulate, thought-out text messages instead of that God-damned techno-shorthand plague: LOL, U R 2 QUT, BOI!!1 TTYL, 4 SHIZL MAY B 2MORROW @
ENG. CLASS--SUX0RZ! BUT PROF MASON’S 2 QUT!!1 ROTFLMAO!!!1 KEKEKE <(^_^)>

They’d be like, “WTF?!?! U R 2 CR4ZY, GRRL!!1 4 KEGGER @ PHI SI & BW’S L8R!!1
Et cetera, et cetera.

Don’t blog like this. You fail if you do--like, the whole class."

So much for Randall's prototype syllabus.

4 Comments:

  • At 3:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    To Rud is divine.

     
  • At 10:17 PM, Blogger Chad said…

    I think you need to change your links over there--mine is no longer accurate. It should say, "Chad Stands In Awe Of My Mad Teacher Skillz."

    Seriously dude, I hear you on the whole unabashed complimenting thing, so allow me to give you one. You put a CRAZY amount of time into your comp class. Your students are absurdly fortunate not only to have a teacher who's funny and can work a pair of shoes that he has an unhealthy obesession with, but one that is dedicated to making sure they take a maximum amount of knowledge and skills from your class. I look up to you, man.

    Now get those blisters looked at!

     
  • At 10:29 PM, Blogger Mason said…

    Hold up a sec, Chad. I'm just calling Amanda real quick to let her know there's a new man in my life and that it's not her fault or anything: it's love. What can ya do, right?

     
  • At 5:20 PM, Blogger Michael David MacBride said…

    laugh. i have yet to put any "bad words" on my syllabus... however, i did drop the f-bomb on the first day of class. there were some shocked faces.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home