Ants on a Blog

'We cannot get out. The end comes. Drums, drums in the deep. They are coming.'

2.08.2006

CASANATRA!!!1

*Please do not skim this post.*

WHO: Casanatra (as Helmut)
WHAT: Rock Show
WHEN: Friday, Feb. 10th, 8pm

WHERE: McGoff's Irish Pub
WHY: Because I love you.

This post is urgent and earnest--especially considering that the rock band in question could very well rock you into your urn. You know me: I'm careful with my music recommendations. I don't throw that sort of thing around like most people throw around balloids, The Family Guy quotes, and I Love Yous.

As your lawyer, I recommend that YOU ALL (read as: y'all) come to McGoff's this Friday night, February 10th.

Mentioning McGoff's is probably enough to rope most of you in, but Casanatra, a Minneapolis band, should be the clincher.

Casanatra is one of the most unique rock bands I've ever heard. They're technical in their musicianship, poetic, powahful, potent in manliness--and they'll be the first to admit it. Head yonder to check out their electric stuff.

This show, however, will be played acoustic under their acoustic name Helmut. I have a feeling I'm going to like them even more as an acoustic powertrio.

I think it will be more accessible to more people, and--should and when they choose to get heavy--acoustic heaviness is often more moving than electric heaviness. Just look at these magnificent fellows. How could you say no?

Here are those Ws again.


WHO: Casanatra (as Helmut)
WHAT: Rock Show
WHEN: Friday, Feb. 10th, 8pm
WHERE: McGoff's Irish Pub
WHY: Because I love you.

1 Comments:

  • At 4:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Fuck yeah. They are gonna tear us up!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home