Ants on a Blog

'We cannot get out. The end comes. Drums, drums in the deep. They are coming.'

2.15.2006

This is Not a V-Day Bashing Post

...but that doesn't mean my February is Fabruary. Here's one example that requires us to play a picture game. Guess what room is in this picture:

If you said, "The TA office, AH210" you are totally wrong. You fail. This is the TA office, AH210 at midnight. Notice through the door that the motion-sensitive hall lights are off. That means no one else is in the building but me and a janitor who swept by twice. We shared two awkward glances. It was apparent that I was infringing on his me time. I agreed with his scowl: I shouldn't have been there. But that's how I roll.

Yes, I made a little fort out of Comp books--big whoop, wanna fight about it?

That was Monday night. Tuesday was not Valentine's Day; it was Jeanentine's Day. To begin with, I was pumped for the workshop of Jean's non-fiction piece, mostly because it was about music. O', also because the piece is my heart and soul in her words. That too. So I was ready to testify from the mountains when I got an email from her that included a disclaimer that she's not stalking me or anything, but she thought I should see this pic:

She was right. Everyone in the world should see this pic. See that smile? That's the fourth time he's ever done that. Smiled, that is. That's his smile before he roundhouse kicks 70s blue birds at cameramen who capture his seldom smiles. His look off into the distance is gauging just how far the cameraman will fly.

Happy V-Day, Chuck.

So that was a nice surprise. To continue Jeanentine's Day, we had her workshop. I tried my hardest not to gush too much. I think I failed, but at least I convinced a few people that her piece was not good or great--it was... RT's favorite compliment is, "You got it right." That's what she did; she got young musicianship right. I better stop now before I gush more.

I get to celebrated a day-late V-Day date with ma babay tomorrow night. Then, it's off to cozy, rustic Grand Marais for us for a long weekend with our SLPeeps. I will have pics of pines and contemplative Superior when I get back. I will probably have frost bite too.

Mace...out

1 Comments:

  • At 2:23 PM, Blogger Jean. said…

    Well, I'm pretty sure that Jeanentine's day needs to be an official holiday. I will sign the appropriate papers to make this happen. ... Again, thanks for the gushing, good sir. You really know how to make me feel smart.

    If Chuck Norris had a day, what would it be called?

    No, really. I can't think of anything clever.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home