Ants on a Blog

'We cannot get out. The end comes. Drums, drums in the deep. They are coming.'

9.06.2007

Drums. Drums in the Deep.



This works on so many levels. Not only is it genius enough for posting by itself--genius enough to wake me from a blogging slumber--but it's also relevant in another way.

Just as my gorilla friend here has waited a long time, seemingly, to drum, I too am drumming again after a long, long wait. Of course I've been playing congas/etc. with Hip Replacement for a year now, and I played hand drums for the dancers back in 'Kato for six years, but only recently have I been finally playing a drumset again.

The pleasure that drumming is giving me again is entirely comparable to the rapture of the ape. Basically, that's how I look when I play drums. He certainly has crude technique; and so do I, what with years of accumulated rust. It still feels good, though.

Mason... You can feel it in the air. Tonight. Oh lawd.

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At 12:47 PM, Blogger Sethy Go Bragh! said…

    That, my friend, is wonderful. I heard that once Phil Collins saw that gorilla just stand and watch some kid drown in a river and do nothing, and the Phil wrote that song about him, and then one time Phil gave the gorilla front row tickets to a concert and played that song and looked right at him. But I don't find that story credible because the only gorillas that could be that heartless and cruel would be those white gorillas from Congo, and this gorilla clearly was black.

     
  • At 12:48 PM, Blogger Mason said…

    Best comment ever.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home