Ants on a Blog

'We cannot get out. The end comes. Drums, drums in the deep. They are coming.'

1.19.2007

Email Your Grandkids!!

The Hip Replacement was a success!

Thank you to everyone who made it to the HR show last weekend. Thank you, especially, to those who drove (through peril of detours) all the way from the lush hills of Kato--lush on many levels. I shook that tamb extra hard for you four.

And if you're reading this and your saying, "What? What show? Huh?" That's probably my fault. I did a terrible job spreading the word about our gig at the Fine Line. Publishing one measly post was a challenge that almost destroyed me. Beyond that, I failed miserably to do my duty, Judy, to increase the bodies in the room.

But since the rest of my bandmates did their part, we had no trouble filling the room with bodies. The audience made us look really good. Well, Tearra didn't need any help. SOOooOO good, in fact, that Wrinkle T wants us to open for them again! This time, I've promised myself that I'll properly publicize this gig. I'm starting my efforts now to pull my weight.

[Editor's Note: "pull my weight" is not a euphemism for masturbation.]

It all goes down at 9pm on Saturday, February 3rd, at Bunker's in Downtown Mpls. Expect a $5-ish cover and more zany Downtown parking fun!

Mace...shakers of bells, slapper of skins [EN: Again, neither are euphemisms for masturbation.]

5 Comments:

  • At 12:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Don't forget "weird noise making into microphones" as one of your abilities (also doesn't equate to masturbation).

     
  • At 4:53 PM, Blogger Mason said…

    I couldn't believe how many people missed my mouth kazoo debut! It's probably because my mic wasn't too loud--but still! Oh well. It looks like there will be ample more time to explore the vast uses of the mouth kazoo.

     
  • At 7:50 PM, Blogger Jason said…

    Is there some sort of kazoo that isn't powered by mouth of which I have been left woefully unaware?

    Has there ever been a more wandery sentence than that above that still made sense?

    Maybe I'll make this next one, but that would mean leaving my cave. We'll see.

     
  • At 8:48 AM, Blogger Mason said…

    Trust me, B, I put a lot of thought into exactly what to call it.

    Yes, "mouth kazoo" seems redundant but there is no kazoo involved.

    So I could just use "mouth," but that wouldn't communicate that the noise sounds like a kazoo--and just plain "mouth" is weird and a little creepy.

    "Kazoo-less kazoo" is far too much like "fortuneless fortune cookie." And no one wants my mouth near their Hunan Triple Crown. No szechuan survives that void of chicken, beef, and shrimp.

    So you see: Mouth kazoo it is.

     
  • At 11:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Aw dag! I missed the Mason Mouth Kazoo. :( If I wasn't a thousand miles away I would have been there. Glad to see your out kicking ass with a band on a regular basis again.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home