Ants on a Blog

'We cannot get out. The end comes. Drums, drums in the deep. They are coming.'

2.23.2006

Fuck You, Raquetball...


...for what you did to my finger. Part of me fell off today during an inspired set of games--inspired, but futile on my part: Naughtilie whooped my ass. Whooped my ass good. I won one game, though... out of six. The good thing about winning only once is that I have exactly no illusions about my raquetball skillz. In fact, I have no skillz. My raquetball experience came down to a lot of flailing, floundering, and other fl- words, spiked with moments of brilliance.

What have I gained from raquetball: Bruis'd knees (I'll post pic of them should they color up nicely).

What have I lost from raquetball: A part of my finger. I could feel it start to blister as the games piled up. Then, the blister/callous plate slipped much like a volatile layer of the Earth's crust. It just kinda hung there, connected by a slight flap of skin/callous. That's when we stopped.

So fuck you, raquetball. I'll see you next week.

Oh, and yes I know my "bird" looks messed up. I've never been able to flip the bird without my damn'd pinky sticking out like that. It's even worse if I attempt the Molly Ringwold bird flipping from
The Breakfast Club.

Mace...out

5 Comments:

  • At 6:30 PM, Blogger Mason said…

    Actually, that was taken with my phone! It takes almost as good of pics as a mediocre digicam. I always get the best compliments on the quality of pics it takes.

    When are YOU going to post more pics of Baltimordor?

     
  • At 9:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You can thank me for those quality pictures!

     
  • At 3:30 PM, Blogger ZINNEL said…

    Mace,
    I know how much you loathe bandaging. That game must have really messed you up.

    Amanda, you can thank Saturn for Jared thanking you for Jared thanking Pat for the compliment on the quality pictures. Or something like that.

    MN vw: oufdy

     
  • At 7:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey I want to thank someone too. Thank you everyone.

     
  • At 1:54 AM, Blogger Mason said…

    Thank you, Sire.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home