Ants on a Blog

'We cannot get out. The end comes. Drums, drums in the deep. They are coming.'

3.01.2006

Tricksy Bloggitses!

You might notice that I changed the background of my blog. I like the baby-blueness; it goes well with my browns. And blocks of text are just something some of us like to look at.

Anyhoo, I didn't think it was possible to change the template (aside from [Sausage] links and such) since every Blogger.com blog I've ever seen was one of the very few, stark templates. Or I just haven't been paying close attention.

BZ discovered a way to dress these n00dz up with just a little bit of HTML trickery. If you're daring, go for it. I swore a lot as I tried it, messed things up, then got things back to normal enough to tweak just a little bit. So, attempt your own peril:

_

Mace,
I was stubborn and wouldn't let it go, and lo and behold I found a way to add an image (like wood paneling) to the blog background. Who said this is wasting time? I was screwing around with the template of my blog and figured this out:

Go to template / edit current / body / background:

replace "background:#xxx"
with "background:url("xxx")"

Check out my blog now for an example.

Here is a site with some great wood paneling and other textures.
_

BZ also found this site that has some more. They aren't as magnificent as Mayang's, but those folks caps the number of times their textures are downloaded from them each day--as in, each time someone visits your blog, the person's machine dls the image. And Mayang caps at 20/day, which is lame.

The second site doesn't cap. So use them or any other of the many texture sites out there--or do as BZ suggested to me: DL Mayang's images, create a fake blog post (saved as a draft) and link to that URL in your template.

Have fun, but beware the bizarre world of HTML.

Mace...out

2 Comments:

  • At 9:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Rud, umm, you hvae mr. computer science man at your disposal and you wait until now to figure out that your background can be changed? C'mon Rud.

     
  • At 9:53 PM, Blogger Mason said…

    Well, since I'd never seen a futzt with Blogger blog I just assumed they had a lock or something on somethings in the template. I mean, they tell you how to add links, but if they wanted you to know how to futz with the BG, I figured they'd tell you how too.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home