Ants on a Blog

'We cannot get out. The end comes. Drums, drums in the deep. They are coming.'

5.09.2006

For Those About to Rook...

This is how big of a chess tournament we're shooting for. So far, we have eight seeds and one alternate. I'm bracketed with my nemesis, Horsey Killer Hein, in the first round. It's a well-balanced pairing, her and I, except for that I like to lose my queen early and often. If neither of us makes stupid mistakes, I predict Hein checkmating me twenty-one moves into stalemate. If I don't manage to take her queen and both rooks, checkmate seven moves into stalemate.

The best thing about our upcoming tourney is the reward for losing. Once I go out in the first round, I get to play Chess 4 with the other losers. Chess 4 is where I'm a Viking.

Amanda, my birthday is July 19th--we can celebrate early if you'd like. Naked chess?

7 Comments:

  • At 6:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Your birthday is July 19th?

     
  • At 1:23 PM, Blogger Mason said…

    Har.

     
  • At 7:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh, there will be blood spilled on Wed, rest assured.
    (Phil)

     
  • At 4:24 PM, Blogger ZINNEL said…

    Amanda,
    my birthday is in November, so you have time to prepare.

     
  • At 4:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Prepare for what? Naked chess?!

     
  • At 5:17 PM, Blogger ZINNEL said…

    naked Chinese checkers, if you know what I mean ;)

    Or more obvious, naked Uno Blast.

    Mace, sorry to pollute the blog.

     
  • At 6:32 PM, Blogger Mason said…

    Pollute away! I need more NSFW content anyway.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home