Ants on a Blog

'We cannot get out. The end comes. Drums, drums in the deep. They are coming.'

6.14.2006

The Post to Rule All Posts (Update)

The good news is that I have collected and ordered all the pics I'll use to illustrate The Adventures of The Company of Seven. The bad news is that the number of necessary pics is over 120, meaning the story must be told in three parts. I'll get to those ASAP. As another snack/tease, here's a sample of what several of the pics are like: me pointing at stuff, like rock formations. Those are pretty cool, right?


--

In other news, I came home from Jake's tonight to find in sink #1:

Not-my-dishes filling the sink isn't a shocking sight anymore. It's old hat. It's desensitized violence. It's Wednesday--nothing special. Sink #2, however, was a new sight and far more disturbing than any ol' pile of dishes:

Yup. That's the water-filter-jug standing an inch deep in greasy burger water. The pan and water have been there longer than my memory reaches, but the water jug was new. When I got home from work and saw the scene, I kinda just stood there awhile. I snapped a picture and left the jug there because fuck that. I'm not dealing. Besides, it was time for a test.

Notice the available counter space to the left of Sink #2. Please, don't try to figure out why someone would place the jug an inch deep in burger water rather than on available counter space. If you try to figure that out, your head a splode. Let's just deal with the facts instead of the mysteries.

Like I said, I left the jug there because I figured whoever did it would eventually realize what they did and do something about it. Now, I'd hope that something-about-it would mean, oh I don't know, washing the entire filter contraption and--just maybe--the greasy burger pan in which it stood, inch-deep in coagulating beef bi-product?

Several hours after leaving the jug in the burger water, I went back to the kitchen to check up on it. I didn't really want water. I wasn't thirsty. I just wanted to see, to test. I was filled with hope that things were set right; and when I saw that the jug was no longer in the sink, my hope was satisfied--the pan was still there but, c'mon, let's be realistic: I'd be happy with baby steps.

When I saw that things were fixed, I even became a little thirsty and decided to check in the fridge to see if Ol' Juggy was doin' OK.

Oops. Fuck you, Hope:

Yup. That's an inch of greasy burger water residue around the bottom of Poor Ol' Juggy. And yup. That's my finger smear to check, to test.


INT. KITCHEN
MASON inspects greasy rim around bottom of POOR OL' JUGGY.

MASON
Aww, man... No. It can't be.

Mason smears a finger over grease rim, hoping against all hope that he didn't just put it back in the fridge. Alas Mason's finger slides greasily over Poor Ol' Juggy. It is as he worst feared.

MASON
Aww, man. Juggy, man! No!


Juggy's filter is probably two months expired. That doesn't bother me. I treasure Juggy not for the false sense of filtered security that most people feel for their filters. I just like my goddamn water cold goddamn it, and I don't like my jugs rimmed with goddamn burger grease.

I won't say who did this. It could have been any of my roomates. [Editor's Note: The Author only has one roommate.] For the sake of anonymity, I'll even claim that the culprit could have been me. [EN: It wasn't The Author.] But I won't name names--so stop asking. [EN: It was Reed.]

Mace...out and missing Colorado

10 Comments:

  • At 11:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    How are your head and kidney today? Hopefully they're well enough to be equally repulsed by the burger gunge on Juggy.

    Natalie

     
  • At 2:14 PM, Blogger Mason said…

    I'm more worried about the rest of my body than just my kidney and head. Sore sucks. No more diving. And this time, I mean it. Fuck you, Racquetball.

     
  • At 3:02 PM, Blogger swinesack said…

    nevermind all the burger grease shit, post CO n00dz dummy.

     
  • At 3:06 PM, Blogger Mason said…

    Anyone whose skin and perspiration doesn't naturally smell like onions and potato sausage would understand that even Colorado n00dz wait in the face my domestic woes. :p

     
  • At 3:11 PM, Blogger Sethy Go Bragh! said…

    Those dishes and shit are gross. Don't use that burger pan thing either. I get the impression that it'll get sprayed off and put in the cupboard.

    yum

     
  • At 3:30 PM, Blogger Jean. said…

    HA HA HA!

    No. I'm kidding. I'm not laughing at you. I'm laughing because I am reminiscing about that damn damn burger pan. That thing was always dirty, always in the sink for extended periods of time--that is, until it needed to be used and then it wasn't rewashed but wiped down and stuck back in the toaster oven to accumlate more grease--and it was always stinking like nasty ass--well, like nasty ass.

    I. am. sorry. Perhaps you should put the greasy pan in the garbage and then let it sit on the porch for a couple of months to attract oppossums.

    Happy, clean thoughts your way...

     
  • At 3:42 PM, Blogger Blue Earth Review said…

    Let's hope Jess doesn't see this post and get any ideas! J/K. I jest!

    Good luck man.

     
  • At 4:04 PM, Blogger Mason said…

    [Resisiting the urge to post more just like this one.]

     
  • At 11:33 PM, Blogger Jessica said…

    Bronson.

    Has my consistant complaining about my vampire roomate's dirty dishes not clued you in to my nearly anal need for an empty sink?

    When you are mean like this I think I hate you. But then agian, you did give me a piggy-back ride last night. I suppose all is forgiven.

     
  • At 5:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That screenplay is priceless, it definitely has promise. Good to see you're writing in your free time.

    It reminds me of a time when the world was new and all and I lived with 3 other guys. I worked 3 jobs and was never around. However, whenever I wanted to cook something (the few free days that I had) I faced an incredible pile of dishes and garbage.

    At first I would do the dishes because I wanted grilled cheese. But, after a while (and I think the situation in your apartment has reached this dangerous levels) the pile of dishes IN the sink was too high to even clean a single dish. So, whoever wanted to clean the dishes had to remove everything from the sink in order to even get some water and soap in there (and that's assuming that anyone wanted to do dishes). Needless to say, it didn't take long before I stopped cleaning.

    Then, once in a blue moon the other roomates would get in a kick to "clean and cook, man we could save some money instead of eating out all the time!" Of course this would last 3 days (max) and then we'd resume the massive pile. I say "we" to refer to the other 3.

    There were two priceless stories that came as a result of The Sink Situation.

    1. One day I woke up with ants on my face. I was not happy. Since I woke up the earliest of anyone else in the apartment, they were not happy when I started swearing, kicking things, and calling them motherfuckers. The solution? Ryan (the oldest roomate) found an aersol can and made a torch to light them on fire. It burned the carpet and part of my mattress. I guess that's what happens when you wake people up at 6 AM and demand results.

    2. One day I came home from moving furniture and noticed that the shower was running. I yelled "Jason, is that you?" Then from the other room, I hear him say "Yeah, I'm here." Confused, since the other two roomates worked during this time, I walked in.

    Jason: what's up?
    Me: who's in the shower?
    J: no one.
    M: Oh. We pay for water, you know?
    J: I know, I'm ironing my dress shirt.
    M: *confused*
    J: Well, we were out of dishes.
    M: *confused*
    J: ... and Ryan (ant torch boy) wanted to make a grilled cheese.
    M: *confused*
    J: ... and he used the iron.
    M: to make grilled cheese?
    J: Yes. It has cheese and butter on it.
    M: Does that even work?
    J: Yeah, he made me one too.
    M: So, why the shower?
    J: The steam from the shower will press my shirts. Bog.
    M: Oh. Thanks.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home